Jay has gotten into the habit of gumming his hands and fingers. He never sticks a finger in to just suck on it. He just kind of chews and licks.
His favorite thing to do right now is hold onto our hands and stand up. This is the look he always gets on his face. It looks like a combination of awe, excitement, and joy.
Sleeping has become a little bit more difficult in the last month. He is a happy baby at night, until suddenly he is inconsolable. We aren't seeing any sleep cues until it's too late. It doesn't take us that long to get him down, but it's not as easy as it used to be. Then we will usually have a wake up somewhere between 2am and 4am where he just wants to eat. I don't have a problem with feeding him, but I know he is capable of making it through the night. We started cosleeping last month when he had a cold and have continued it with these early morning wake ups so that I don't have to get out of bed. It's hard enough to get out of bed with my 5am alarm!
He is finally starting to lose some of his hair. He is rubbing it off on the back of his head. But it is still getting longer in the front and on the sides around his ears.
Sleeping has become a little bit more difficult in the last month. He is a happy baby at night, until suddenly he is inconsolable. We aren't seeing any sleep cues until it's too late. It doesn't take us that long to get him down, but it's not as easy as it used to be. Then we will usually have a wake up somewhere between 2am and 4am where he just wants to eat. I don't have a problem with feeding him, but I know he is capable of making it through the night. We started cosleeping last month when he had a cold and have continued it with these early morning wake ups so that I don't have to get out of bed. It's hard enough to get out of bed with my 5am alarm!
He is finally starting to lose some of his hair. He is rubbing it off on the back of his head. But it is still getting longer in the front and on the sides around his ears.
I can finally officially say that he is able to roll from front to back. I've heard rumors that he could, but I finally saw it for myself this last week. I realized that when he is home with me, I rarely put him down for tummy time. He's usually on me or in his bumbo or rocker.


Is he beginning teething? That was really hard on the little people at our house and kept them up at night. CUTE PICS! What an adorable guy!
ReplyDeleteGod he's cute. We had G on the floor a lot (because we had carpeting) but E not so much (because we have wood floors here.) As a result, G rolled over, crawled, and walked way earlier than E did.
ReplyDeleteYes, discovering what those sleep cues are can be hard, too. With G we just knew at a certain tine every night that it was time. With E, there would be a 10 minute window where he got very quiet and blinked a lot. If we missed it, he was already into his second wind!
It will get better, I promise.
Rebecca